Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Project of the Day- Chair Re-Do

When I first bought this chair from Goodwill, I had big plans to reupholster it with zebra fabric and add decorative nail head studs around it to mimic new arm chairs I saw at TJ Maxx and Marshall's. I probably would have been successful too if the seat cushion were removable. Unfortunately, it's not so I never got around to reupholstering it or getting to plan b which was to make a fitted slip cover for it. Instead, I draped the zebra fabric over it and called it a day.

With my current transformation of the living room, I decided the heavy and messy look of this chair had to go. I wish the chair had a better pattern underneath, but it could be worse. It's a blue and gold striped chair... Not too bad. I cleaned it a little more since my body would actually be touching it now. I used a magic eraser for this job which worked well. I added a small blue ikea pillow that I bought a while ago and voila. Instantly my room was transformed in less than 5 mins. It was a shame I was hiding the wooden legs of the chair this while time.

I added to it with the intent to make it look better, but sometimes what you need to do to make a space look better is to take away.

No comments:

Post a Comment