Monday, May 6, 2013

OOTD - Seafoam Stripes and Teal

Top - Francesca's $30?
Pants - Michael Kors - Marshalls $40
Watch - Francesca's $18
Shoes - Sperry Top Siders / Cheetah Print on Sides - Zappos.com

Thankfully, this isn't a blog on hair.  Or else I would have negative 10 subscribers.  I know.

I like wearing colored skinnies to work because it's easy to wear pants at work, it's a pop of color, and my students appreciate my effort on keeping up with the trends.  It's not like I wear things all the time because I know it will impress them; it's just nice to remind them you're a person too and that you can rock some trends too.

In some work places this outfit could never fly because it's too loud/casual.  But for my school, I think colored skinnies are appropriate. I always wear colored skinnies with a blouse (as opposed to a tshirt) and sometimes a blazer and try to dress it up with appropriate accessories (like my watch).

Reflection: I also could have wore nude wedges or my tan Kenneth Cole wedges with the gold studs.

Are colored skinnies acceptable at your place of employment?


No comments:

Post a Comment