Friday, May 3, 2013

Project of the Day- Repurposed Coffee Can

I am not a coffee drinker, but my boyfriend has been saying how we have to get cafe bustelo. Finally, we splurged. He uses the Keurig Machine, but this product didn't come in K cups. He will have to scoop it in the "brew your own" K cup every time he wants it (which is often). We put the coffee in an old walnut container on the counter top within arm's reach, but I didn't enjoy the decor of the walnut can.

Solution: I redesigned the can to be more visually pleasant for the counter top by using scrapbook supplies.

I just used tan paper and measured it to fit the can. I taped a seam along the back. I then added the swirly border down the center and added sticky letters to spell out "coffee." Let's see how long it will be until my boyfriend touches the can with wet hands and ruins the whole thing. He's good like that.

By the way, I think I am on my way to being a coffee addict. I am so ashamed. I had one cup last night, and have been craving it all day at work. I'm in trouble.

How many cups of coffee do you drink a day? How do you store your coffee?

No comments:

Post a Comment