Sunday, July 7, 2013

Teaching Tip of the Day - Book Shelf Organization

I've talked plenty of times about the AR program my school uses for tracking reading progress.  And I've also talked about plenty of ways I get cheap or free books for my classroom library.

Last school year, I used labeled post-its to identify the sections of the book shelf.  Unfortunately, they curled and fell off eventually.  What I did like about them is that they were bright, neon, and visual.  This year I plan on printing business card sized section labels onto neon paper and then having the paper laminated and then the labels cut out and double sided taped to the book shelf.


I created 10 labels for my class book shelf based on what books I have in my collection.  You are free to use these too.  Download the file for free.

  • Classics
  • Illustrated Classics
  • Stephen King
  • Non-Fiction
  • Melissa De La Cruz
  • Harry Potter
  • Twilight Series
  • Chick Lit.
  • Sci-Fi
  • Nicholas Sparks
If you download my product, please rate my teachers pay teachers account.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment