Monday, August 12, 2013

Project of the Day - Monogrammed Canvas Wall Art

NBD. But I just made the most fab piece of wall art.  And you're probably going to want to copy ole' girl's idea. I get it. I'm a crafty genius and you're gonna wanna cop my creative skills. I'll make it easy for you and give you step by step directions to get this juicy piece of monogrammed meat:



1. Create a beautiful monogrammed image with any software you can get your manicured paws on.  I used Microsoft Publisher and started with a huge blank image: 25.5 x 33 (to give myself space). I used the font "Monogram KK" for the S and C. I also used the font "KG Flavor and Frames" for the frame.  I made it all with "Word Art" and did a fading ombre' effect on the S and C and added a striped background to the frame.  I grouped everything and "Saved as" a png file.

2. Open a NEW file under the size you want it printed as. I opened up a 21.5 x 16.5 file which fit 6 sheets of Avery Photo Transfer paper when printed.

3. Flip your image horizontally or apply some sort of mirror effect so that your text transfers the right way when you iron it.

4. Print your image onto the photo transfer paper.

5. Cut the  outer part of the images with scissors.  There will also be slight margin areas on the edges of each individual sheet.  I used a cutting board, box cutter, and a straight edge to remove the internal dead space.

6. Make sure you align your design how you'd like it to appear onto whatever fabric you choose.  I used a drop cloth from a left over project (headboard - click here to check it out) which I already had stapled onto an old canvas painting that I became bored with.  I highly recommend you apply your transfer paper to a flat surface first (not onto a canvas) because I had to press REALLY hard and for a long period of time to get the image to transfer.

7. Follow the transfer paper directions to iron on your design.  To check if your design is transferred, peel up tiny corners to get a preview.  If your image has not transferred, just apply more pressure and more heat and it'll eventually happen.

8. Peel your paper back and voila.  You now have a lovely image you can frame or staple onto an old canvas painting you can no longer tolerate.

DIFFICULTY LEVEL: MEDIUM


2 comments:

  1. Enjoy online shopping vintage wooden frames wholesale from India's leading online store. Shop Vintage Eastern Brass Jug, Vintage Brass Wooden Horse Figurine, Rustic Double Drawer Organizer, Vintage Brass Copper Wooden Duck Box and many more...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rug Cleaning NYC - Throughout the years as top rug cleaning service provider in NYC, we have been the most recommended company. We use specially designed machines to clean deep into the fibers of all types of rugs. Depending on the size and material, we may clean the rug at the home or take-away.

    ReplyDelete