Thursday, August 15, 2013

Shopping Tip of the Day - Back to School Shopping

It's almost time... I go back to school on August 26th.  I haven't been in a pool yet.  I haven't traveled out of state yet. I haven't been to any beach.  But I did find time to go shopping.  Gotta be prepared for Back-to-school appearances.  A lot of the pieces I bought can be switched up in various ways (through many seasons) and I show you only the tip of the iceberg as to how to do it.


Outfit 1
New Grape Peplum Skirt - Target- $19.99
Any white or grey top will work with this grape colored skirt.  Sleeveless is good for back to school... then short sleeves for Fall and long sleeves for Winter (with a scarf).  This top has ruffles in the center and I like it for an added touch of feminine.  The grey suede pumps are from justfab.com from a couple years ago. And of course I am wearing a watch.  I always wear one. This is my white rubber watch from Francesca's.

Outfit 2
New Kenar Graphic Button Down Sleeveless Blouse - Marshalls - $16.99
New Nude Ballet Flats - H&M - $12.95
I added white pants to squeeze them in before labor day - although some argue you can wear them even after - which I would tend to agree with.  They just look more fitting for this time of year though.

Outfit 3
New White Fitted Blazer - H&M - $34.95
The same exact outfit as #2 with a white blazer on to keep my arms protected from the brisk fall breezes.  White on white looks so classy. Also you can try white with neon! Some of you teaching the younger grades may think I'm crazy for adding this one... but personally I'm pretty good with wearing white so I can manage this in the higher grades (with luck).

Outfit 4
New Coral Cardigan - H&M - $19.95
New Coral and Gold Bow Belt - Charlotte Russe - $1.99
Same outfit as #2 but with a coral cardigan with partially rolled up sleeves to showcase my favorite watch, a tortoise shell and gold Fossil watch.  Also with a bow belt for a finished touch.

Outfit 5
New Coral, White, & Black Printed Scarf - H&M - $12.95
For this one, I only used the scarf to add interest as opposed to both the belt and the scarf.  To me, that's a bit over done, but for some of you who love accessories, go for it.

Outfit 6
New White and Black Striped Blazer by Christian Siriano - SAM's Club lol - $19.99
I added colored teal Michael Kors jeans and a basic white layering tank to this look to keep it interesting yet not distracting or over done.  I also added a off white H&M ballet flat that I bought a few years ago.  I'm telling you... these ballet flats... for the price are really something.  They don't hurt the backs of my ankles... I do end up adding Dr. Scholl's pads to give them a little more comfort, but other than that I want one in every color.  I already own burnt coral, off white, nude, and black.
In all outfits, I am rocking white and gold initial earrings from Francesca's although you can't see them in the pictures.  I will try to remember to get a pic of those.  I keep my accessories simple.  I love the look of the big decorative necklaces and bangles, but I can't get down with fake metal rubbing against my skin.  I don't like the smell of it and it makes me feel dirty.  Some people have no clue what I'm talking about.. others will be shaking their heads in agreement.  For that reason, and because I'm a Grandma, my neck accessory is usually a scarf and my arm accessory is usually a watch.  I'm ok with this though because I actually think it ends up looking more professional.

All of these pieces can easily transition into fall and winter too! Add some black jeggings, jeans, tall brown boots, more scarves, etc. 

Some pieces I still want to buy:
  • Spanx
  • Low Brown Riding Boots
  • New Pair of Tall Brown Boots
  • New pair of black ballet flats
  • Fluffy nude/beige scarf
  • Another watch? Hint Hint
What's on your list for back-to-school must haves?  What did you already buy?


1 comment:

  1. Enjoy online shopping of Vintage Home Decor Item from India's leading online home decor store. Shop kitchen wall decor, Wall Hoops Nestling, large canvas wall hanging, glass wall decor, bagasse tableware and many more modern art wall decor product.

    ReplyDelete