Thursday, March 22, 2012

School your dresses!

Let your dresses make an appearance in class too! Dresses are great for school because they keep you cooler and you know cool is always appreciated if you've ever taught on a second floor of a school, with broken windows, and a blacktop roof level with your room in 90* weather. Heck... Even 70s and 80s is enough to get these students cranky. (Maybe even some teachers too!)

I am uncomfortable wearing a lot of my dresses to school without tweaking them first. However, that's for another post... these two dresses in particular I actually would wear alone later on in the day when it gets hot. Some people frown upon wearing sleeveless items to school, but I'd prefer my arms to be showing rather than sporting two sweat pools beneath my arms. Here's an easy solution: cover up the arms with a denim/jean looking button down. Button downs are lightweight for spring/summer mornings, but can be removed on hotter afternoons when you just can't breathe another second in the heat.

Here are two of my favorite stand alone dresses for school. The length and necklines are perfect and they're not clingy. They can also be used in a million ways. Here is just one of the ways to change it up with a jean/denim button down.
Alone:
Tweaked:
Alone:
Tweaked:
Notice how I re-used the same wedge! Stay tuned for postings on how I select shoes for school, how to make night dresses into day dresses, and how to accesorize black for spring/summer.
What's your favorite thing to wear to school in the summer when it gets hot?

No comments:

Post a Comment