Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Why this pic?

"Why is there a pic of a sour cream container filled with rice?" For simple and great reasons I'd like to share with you. Teachers and subs don't make nearly as much as they should and are often left working with small budgets. I'm amazed at watching Extreme Couponers and rejoice with the people when they score their whole order for negative 30 cents. Although, I have not been successful in my coupon attempts, I am pretty savy with other techniques.

#1 The first cool hint that I'd like to share is that whatever is left from your dinner the night before, just pack it up and bring it for lunch. It could be noodles. Add some olive oil and seasonings and heat in the microwave on your lunch. Leftover grilled peppers, onions, and mushrooms? Put it in a container (microwave it ot not) and eat with some crackers. Rice? Add some pre-cooked Perdue's chicken or other ingredients or do what I did and add some seasonings and butter in a container and microwave it at work.
Now, I'm not a fan of a microwave. I don't even own one in my own apartment, but I can't deny a warm lunch at work. Even, yes, if it's soggy re-heated pizza. Gasp.

Idea #2 We haven't addressed the sour cream container. I recycle all plastic or glass containers with lids and re-use them to store leftovers. I have recycled sour cream containers, butter containers, cool whip containers, salsa jars, snapple bottles, etc. Caution: If you plan on using these containers for lunch and are going to re-heat directly using the container, some of these containers may not be microwave-able safe. However, I have found that almost all of the plastic containers listed above hold up well for at least a minute in the microwave.

Idea #3 SHOP AT ALDIS... but that's for another post.

No comments:

Post a Comment