Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Scarves

School temperatures can be unpredictable. They can be freezing in the early winter mornings or they can be 90* by the end of the day with the hot afternoon sun gleaming in your second floor classroom through the blinds that are crooked and don't work. I have found scarves to be my fbf (fashion best friend.) They are so cheap to buy. I bought most of mine in china town for 3 for $10. That was for the basic colors such as black, purple, and royal blue. I might have shelled out a bit more at the time for a checkered ivory and brown one. (I bought these a couple years ago!) During my most recent trip to NYC, I spotted a cheetah print scarf that my boyfriend was gracious enough to buy for me. Hey... $7 was hard to come by for me around Christmas time! My rule of thumb has been: If I'm cold, I'll wear a scarf and it will match whatever outfit I wear. So far it has worked. Or at least I think so.

Below I am wearing a cheetah print dress purchased from Francescas for $50 in the summer of 2011. A puff 3/4 sleeve gray/purple scoop neck shirt purchased from Charlotte Russe for about $10 a couple years ago. I layered the dress over the shirt and paired it with black stockings and ballet flats. (More on my special ballet flats in a different post.) The scarf works so well today because I am displaced in another classroom, due to CAPT (standardize testing,) which is probably about 45*. The joys of teaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment