Thursday, August 7, 2014

Back to School Shopping 2014

I have a love/hate relationship with this time of the year.  I love it because it is still summer and it is time to buy some new clothes to update my wardrobe for the new school year ahead.  I hate it because this is the time of the year where summer is winding down which means school starts soon.  Plus as much as I love gaining new pieces for my closet, I hate losing the money out of my pocket.  I try to find a balance and buy sale items that I know I can wear lots of different ways.  Also, use Pinterest as a tool to find inspirational ideas to transform your new pieces into entire outfits.  Follow me here.

Black and White Leopard Print Pants
From Marshalls for $24.99
Seems kind of bold for work, right?  Wrong! Look below at the inspiration photos I found:
Inspiration Photos with shirts tucked in.
Inspiration Photos with shirts un-tucked.

Navy, Pink, and Cream Stripe Dress
J. Crew Factory Valued at $118 bought for $37.21 including shipping
Final Sale - bought in size 14 (based on their sizing chart), but it's way too big.  I need to get it altered.  I bought it with PayPal money, so it's kind of like it was free anyway.  
Inspiration for this dress was J from Jseverydayfashion.com
Will probably look nice with a bright pink cardigan or wrap for the fall and spring when the weather is cooler.

Dark Olive Green Suburst Sheath Ivanka Trump Dress
From TJ Maxx $49.99
I bought this dress to wear to a wedding, but I will also be able to wear it to school.

I will wear this with gold strappy heels to the wedding, and will wear with nude ballet flats or nude wedges to school.  You could buy this from Lord and Taylor for full price at $134.00 in the color black... or you could go check your local TJ Maxx.

Zambia Pencil Skirt
Banana Republic Factory $37.21 (including shipping) SOLD OUT
Here are some inspiration photos for how I can wear this black and white skirt.


Alyx Neutral and Orange Striped Dress
JCPenney $16.99 SOLD OUT
I actually bought this before the end of the school year, but I never wore it yet.
I could easily wear this dress into the fall with a pair of black stockings and a cardigan.

Slip/Shapewear
TJ Maxx $16.99
This is the most important purchase I made.  This slip/shapewear will allow me to wear all my dresses that could use a little smoothing underneath.  If you only have a little bit of money to spend for the new school year, I highly recommend putting your money towards shapewear.  It will allow you to wear all your old items confidently instead of buying more things that you still may not be happy with.  

Shapewear Underwear (Black and Nude)
TJ Maxx $7.99
Again, this is the most important purchase that will allow me to wear all my pencil skirts with a smooth finish.

Total Spent: $191.37 all together; $174.38 not counting the Alyx Dress; $137.17 not counting the Alyx Dress or the J. Crew Factory Dress.  

What's left?  Beige Cardigan, Basic White Tee, Maroon/Wine Colored Jeans, Army Green Canvas Vest

Coming soon: The importance of Shape Wear with examples  Done - Check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment