Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Haircut Reveal

Prior to my cut, most days, I would put my hair into a bun.  To be honest, I went days without even brushing it, because no one saw it anyway and having knotty hair helped it stay in the bun better.  The bun wasn't even intricate.  I would just swirl my hair tight and place an elastic around it.  One of my students told me last school year that I "wasted my hair" because I never did it.  She was right.  When I went in for my haircut appointment, I had two options.  The first I had been getting the past few times I got my hair cut.  And the second was an option I have been tempted to do for about a year.
The hairdresser asked me "What are we doing today?"  I replied I really wasn't sure and showed her my options.  I talked it out loud and said that I really want to look polished and presentable and with long hair I had a proven record of just not doing it.  Decision made. The only thing that has stopped me from chopping before was I still wanted to appear attractive and I know men love long hair.  Considering I am not in the business of impressing anyone at the moment, (think wife chop, but different) I went with my gut.  CHOPPED.
Before
During
My pony tail after.  I initially took it to donate it, but I really may try to sell it.  I am in the process of trying to buy a house, so any extra income helps.  Plus I haven't heard great things about Locks of Love.  If it's too much work to sell it, then I will donate it.  
This is the photo I used to surprise people that initially told me not to cut it lol.  I have to say, being a virgo, I like pleasing others, but going against their judgement was pretty exciting and adventurous for me.  
As of now, this pic got 79 likes on my FB page! Wow - I am lucky if I usually get 12 likes on a photo.
My kitten cat even agrees that this is a good cut for mama.  All-in-all I feel great about the cut.  I feel feminine and in charge.  I feel 100% presentable instead of 90% like before.  I am glad I listened to my own inner voice and followed what I thought would be a good decision for me.  I may be complaining next week, but I doubt it.  And if I am, I can go get extensions put in, or I can wait for it to grow back.  It's just hair, after all!  But now mine matches my personality better than before.  

 I also may have went out to get a few new pieces to match my profesh cut. I didn't initially plan on posting these photos or else I would have been more conscious of how the finished photo looked.
Army Green Max Jacket $49.99; Beige Cardigan $24.99; White blouse with black embroidery $24.99 all from TJ Maxx.  They were all more expensive than I would usually be willing to spend, but considering these are outfit completers and I was specifically looking for these items, it was worth the money.  See my post on Back to School Shopping and my post on Planned Pencil Skirt Outfits where I can use these items to enhance/complete those looks. The shoes (below) are Lucky Brand Nude Sandals with a slight wedge for $18.00 (clearance) at Marshalls.  Total: $118.00

No comments:

Post a Comment