Saturday, July 4, 2015

Thrifting Finds

I've been totally into thrifting now that I have the space to store (and work on) furniture. Here are some items I've found. 

This french provincial desk and mirror was by a children's brand of expensive furniture. Goodwill was asking $50 I think for the desk and $20 for the mirror, which would have been a good price but the back of the desk had water damage and the drawers had a funny smell- which I took to be mold. So I passed on both items. 

The next item was a daybed trundle pop up on Craigslist for $50. This was well worth it as I was looking for one of these for a couple of months and anything I found new online cost up to $500.

As you can see, I'm really into the french items. I found this one at Goodwill for $35. The top is laminate, but the drawers are wood. I believe there are dovetail joints as well. It's a stark white, but I plan to paint it with chalkboard paint. It should adhere to the laminate finish.

This solid wood table with drawer was only $15 on a local Facebook tag sale site. The under side has a pencil written letter from a mother to daughter from the 1930's... So it says.

And finally, for $10 on the same tag sale site, I bought these 2 washboards. I am pretty sure they are both authentic pieces. 

No comments:

Post a Comment