Wednesday, February 25, 2015

(Mostly) Paleo Chocolate Bark

Even when you're on a diet (or life style change), you can still get cravings.  This recipe throws together just some Paleo stuff I had in my cabinets - along with the Enjoy Life Chocolate (bought from Stop & Shop in Organics aisle).  This chocolate is dairy, nut, and soy free chocolate. The white bag is semi-sweet and the dark chocolate isn't as sweet? Does anyone know if Enjoy life makes an unsweetened chocolate?
If you want it to be truly Paleo, make sure the chocolate you're using is sugar free.  
Set up a double burner to melt the chocolate.  I mixed the semi-sweet and dark chocolate together.
Make sure you have your toppings ready to go.  These are the items I used.
  • Almonds (that I crushed in a ziploc bag - not on the marble counter so don't worry lol)
  • Coconut Flakes
  • Sugar Free & Gluten Free Caramel
Also, make sure you line a baking tray with wax paper.

I poured the melted chocolate and spread it out with my spatula on the wax paper.  I quickly added my toppings before the chocolate hardened.  Don't worry though... the chocolate didn't harden as quickly as I thought it would.
Place your tray in the freezer and remove it when the chocolate has hardened.  It took a matter of 30 minutes for my chocolate to harden.
To break up your chocolate into bark pieces, flip it over and apply pressure.  This will crack the chocolate.  Keep breaking the chocolate until you have smaller bark pieces.


Voila! Next time, I am thinking about adding a little almond butter to the chocolate mixture to see if I can imitate Reeses... think of the possibilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment