Friday, December 26, 2014

Half-Bath Update for Free

I own 2 functioning toilets as of today! I'm having 2 girlfriends over tomorrow, so not only did I want my bathroom functioning, I wanted it to look a little less "under construction." Don't get me wrong, there's still more to do including re-painting the walls and spray painting the electrical plates white, but this'll do for now.



Everything added to this room is something I already had.  This entire update was done for free!
I started by adding a gun metal shelving rack in the corner and a brown woven basket on the top of the toilet tank.

I used wash cloths with a similar color scheme of baby turquoise, brown, and white to roll up and piece in the basket.  My walls are a sage green, but I don't own any sage green, so I'm playing up the green tone and using what I do have.  If I'm at the store and I see a good deal on plain white washcloths, I will stock up on those to make this basket look less busy.  Plus, white will go with whatever wall color I choose.  
My inspiration for this baby turquoise color scheme comes from my Mint Chocolate Bath & Body Works candle that I knew I wanted in this room.  The candle looked lonely, so I added another candle: Yankee Candle Peppermint Bark.  
And finally, I added a bunch of toilet paper rolls to a brown fabric cube on the bottom shelf.  Now I need to think of what I can add on the second shelf since it is empty.  

Finished "for now" Product - All for FREE
What am I missing?  What should I add on that second shelf to make it look nice, but also make my guest experience more pleasant?  I am thinking of adding a picture frame that asks guests not to flush anything other than toilet paper down the drain.  Ain't nobody got time for clogged sewage pipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment