Tuesday, June 3, 2014

How to Make a Pennant Banner


 
This banner was made for my father's 50th birthday, but you can make a similar banner for your classroom and use phrases like "Welcome Back" or "Ms. Soansos Class."  Make it now at the end of the year, so you don't have to use up your precious summer!  The cost for me was FREE. I already had all of the supplies. 

I made a template out of a stiff piece of mail I had.  I folded it in half to find the center. Then I took a ruler to trace from one corner to the bottom center.  I repeated this step for the other side.  Then I cut the template out. 
 
I traced the template onto the back of my scrapbook papers. I needed 7 papers for this project. (My scrapbook papers were chosen by color.  I stuck with a green and blue theme). For my template, I was able to get 3 triangles for every 12" x 12" paper. I cut out all the triangles.
 

 
I didn't want to place my sticky letters directly onto my triangles for fear that the letters would blend in to the different patterns.  I figured if I cut out some plain green circles to place on top of the triangles, then my letters would make more of a statement.  I started by tracing a circle on the back of a scrapbook paper.  I realized I didn't want to cut 16 circles, so I came up with a better solution. (See in next pic).

I folded the paper up and cut out 16 circles at one shot.

Now time for my letters.

I placed my sticky letters onto my circles.  Then I taped them onto the pennant flags.

Now it's time to assemble your pennant flags together.  I used twine and clothespins.

 

I spaced the pennants about an inch apart from each other.

 
Don't mind the stain in my rug :(  I will need to get out my resolve.
 
Voila! Hung up ready to enjoy.


 
Total time: 1 hour


No comments:

Post a Comment